Saint Nicholas is the man from whom the story of Santa Claus derives and who is also referred to or called Saint Nicholas or Saint Nick, From the poem “The Night Before Christmas.” Santa is best known today as a fat jolly man with Reindeer’s and escapades down Chimneys, a Fairy Story for Children. But it all began with Saint Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young he then lived with his uncle. Obeying Jesus’ words to “sell what you own and give the money to the poor,” Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Mara while still a young man. But Bishop Nicholas was never officially Canonised this legend simply evolved.
On Christmas Blessings
- Did Jesus gatecrash your last Christmas Party?
- During this Christmas season
- When is it ok to believe in Santa…
- All God’s Creation…..
- The Christmas Story for the Sweet Tooth…..
- What Paganism is doing to Christmas….
- Jesus Christ God’s Greatest Gift to us on December 25th
- The Snowflake
- God’s Love is Shown in His Creation
- Jesus was Born on the 25th of December…..
- God and the Geese….
- Where Did Santa Come From…..
- The Gift Of Lasting Love…..
- The Power of God’s Love
- God’s Love Gift…..
- “Share With All God’s Children “
- Christmas in Bloom
- This is a Christmas Tree…..
- The “W” in Christmas
- Christmas Blessings